Tuition & Studio Policies
Fall & Spring Session Tuition Rates:
- 1 Class Per Week: $70 per month, per class
- 3 Classes Per Week: $68 per month, per class
- 5 Classes Per Week: $65 per month, per class
- Tuition is auto-charged on the 1st of each month and reflects how many classes occur during that month. Please note: December tuition is charged on Nov. 1st and June tuition is charged on May 1st due to December and June being partial months. Students may not attend class if an account is past due.
- Enrollment in Auto-Pay in the Class Portal is required for Fall & Spring session registration.
- Tuition is non-refundable: Once tuition is charged, it is non-refundable. If a student misses a class, you may be able to schedule a make up class, but it is not guaranteed. Please see our make-up class policy below for details.
- Pro-Rated Tuition: Tuition will be prorated if you join part-way through a month.
- A $35 Annual Registration Fee is due at registration and is non-refundable. Registration fees cover our music licensing fees, insurance, and studio equipment maintenance, which increase in cost with each student. Registration fees are good for the school year (September 5th - June 30th) and renew when you register for classes occurring in the next school year.
- Auto-Enrollment for Spring Session: If you are enrolled in the Fall session on December 1st, you will be automatically enrolled in the same class(es) for the Spring session to guarantee your spot. You will have plenty of time to change or cancel this enrollment before tuition is billed for the Spring session on January 1st.
- Withdrawing from Classes: To withdraw from a class, you must provide a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of the month to avoid being charged tuition for the month. Once tuition is charged for the month, it is non-refundable.
Our dress code is designed to keep dancers safe and distraction-free by having proper, well-fitting footwear and attire. Dancers must adhere to the dress code. Click here for our dress code details.
IF a class is full, please sign up for the waitlist. When a spot opens, you will receive a text and email notification that a spot is available and a link to register. Registration for the open spot will be first come first serve. To be removed from the waitlist, please respond to the text or email and let us know.
make up classes
If you miss a class, we will do our best to schedule a make up class, but it is not guaranteed. A make up class can be scheduled if there is space available in another section of the same class. If no other section is available, or there is no space, then a make up class cannot be scheduled. Make up classes cannot be transferred between family members. All make up classes must take place during the same session that the absence took place (e.g. Fall, Spring, or Summer session). During a session, dancers can schedule a maximum of 3 make up classes for each class they are enrolled in. Continual absences will disrupt your dancer's learning and progress. Make up classes cannot be scheduled during the first two weeks of a session, watch weeks, or during May/June (to allow classes to focus on performance readiness). Please know that when taking a make up class during Spring Session, the instructor may ask your dancer to watch while the class learns or practices performance choreography.
Please arrive on time for class. Students who arrive later than 10 minutes may be asked to watch from the side, at the teacher’s discretion. Student safety is the primary factor in making this decision. Each class begins with a carefully designed warm-up. Missing warm-ups increases the risk of injury.
A late fee of $2/minute per child will be charged starting 10 minutes after the scheduled end time of a camp or class. For example, if a class ends at 9 PM and pick-up happens at 9:15 PM, the late fee will be $10. This fee is used to pay our staff for their time waiting with your child. Eastside Dance will attempt to contact the parent or guardian on file if there is a late pickup. If a parent or guardian cannot be reached after 45mins, the Police may be contacted for assistance and safety. Repetitive late pickup will result in the suspension of services.
Lost & Found
Our lost and found is located in our lobby. Please check it regularly. Lost and found items will be donated to a local charity on a regular basis. VMAC & VMAC Next Gen is not responsible for lost items.
Emergency Weather / Closures
VMAC Next Gen uses the Portland Public School District emergency and severe weather closures as a guideline; however, we will always assess if we can safely operate. When a decision has been made to close the studio, we will email and text all impacted families and update our website homepage and social media accounts. If classes are canceled due to emergencies/weather/power outages, we will do our best to schedule a make up class upon request. If a make up cannot be scheduled, we will apply a one class credit to your account.
Low enrollment / cancellations
All classes and camps are subject to cancellation if the class or camp has fewer than 4 students enrolled. If your class or camp is canceled, we will make every attempt to find a comparable class/camp at a suitable day and time. If your schedule does not allow for a change, you will be refunded for the remaining classes or camp sessions. If a class has fewer than 4 students, a teacher may elect to shorten the class if all the material has been taught.
VMAC Next Gen follows all local and national COVID-19 guidelines and maintains cleaning practices intended to reduce the potential for the spread of COVID-19. If you test positive for COVID-19, you will not be able to attend classes for 5 days and until you are symptom-free. Visit What to Do If You Were Exposed to COVID-19 | CDC for up-to-date guidelines.
Code of Conduct
Students and families must be respectful of our studio policies, classroom rules, peers, and staff. Failure to do so may result in the dismissal of the student or family from the studio. Students who become disruptive to others in class/camp will not be able to participate in class/camp. In certain cases, a parent may be contacted for early pick-up. There are no refunds or credits for missing a class or camp due to disruptive behavior.